Wednesday 31 August 2011

the 12kg cling on

My little Miss, the 1yo is seriously out of sorts at the moment... I don't think its illness, apart from the beginning of a cold which has no accompanying temperature and she's sleeping and eating ok. For both my older kids their absolute sign of being unwell is not eating and sleep goes out the window... No, missy moo is a 12kg cling on. Not sure if it's teething, or adusting to a new sibling, her no longer being the baby or the combination of all of these but she is attached to me whilst ever she's awake. I cannot even go to the loo without her coming with me, sitting on my lap (try wiping whilst keeping an active toddler on your lap).... Today she clung to me whilst we were at mothers group at a play centre, normally she's in the ball pit as fast as she can toddle! Today she clung to me whilst we had visitors, also from mothers group and despite minutes where she did regain her independence and play with the other kids, she constantly came back to me and put her arms up, begging to come 'up'. Now this can be lovely, in small doses and a part of me thinks I should enjoy it as it will be over as soon as it began. My monkey man is not clingy to me at all and never has been apart from when unwell. I should enjoy this time with my daughter as no doubt she will soon be too busy running to cuddle her mum. Or telling me that cuddles are for babies! However, when she wants to cuddle whilst I'm feeding our newborn, when she wants to cuddle our newborn whilst I'm feeding her or burping her, when she wants to cuddle while I'm trying to cook dinner or hang washing or go to the loo, well you get the idea... it's kinda difficult to 'cuddle' all the time! My Mum is here at the moment for a couple of weeks ('helping me out' but thats another blog in itself!!) so I will take full advantage and get her to help with newborn while I tend to the 12kg cling on who only seems to want mummy *sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them