Monday 17 December 2012

resolutions for the new year

It's official, the year is almost over. In fact, this time next week I will be placing pressies under the tree, stuffing stockings and turkeys and getting all christmas-y! Woot! Can you believe another year is almost done? I can't! I can't believe its that time of year already and I am starting to believe what I've been told for years, that each year goes faster as you get older...

I'm not ready. The presents still need wrapping, hell I haven't even finished shopping. My meal plan isn't finalised. Groceries aren't done. I haven't ordered a bloody turkey yet but you know what, it doesn't matter. Somehow it all comes together right? And next year I will be more organised.

Next year I vow to
  • be more organised for xmas and actually buy bits and pieces over the year
  • be more crafty next year, and actually make some gifts. How hard can it be?
  • take my kids to see twinkly lights at night - I feel they're too little this year but next year I think we can make an exception and create some memories
  • keep in better touch with friends and loved ones - to my family, I've been slack with birthdays etc but I promise to make amends next year
  • lose those last few kgs I promised would be gone by xmas but seem to be hanging around
  • actually get to a gym or at least an aqua aerobics class once a month, if not more - actively pursue that whole 'me time' I hear other women brag about.
  • be a better domestic goddess: many areas here can be improved upon however when it comes to folding and putting away washing, well that's my arch enemy
  • go on a mini break with my little family, and maybe another friend and her family - ROAD TRIP!!
  • save for our big holiday in two years time. not sure how we will achieve this but we're going, so gotta find the pennies somewhere!
  • have a date night with my hubby at least once a month - our relationship is important too
There will be more I add to this, I'm quite sure.




Whats on your resolution list for 2013? Are you making resolutions? Do you ever stick to them? Can we help each other stick to them?

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them