Sunday 9 September 2012

Back to . . . Reality

 
On the 6th of August my camera died, it was quick, sudden in fact but definitely not painless (especially for my hubby who got the blame). Since then, I've been waiting not so patiently for it's repair and most importantly, it's return. Tomorrow a new lens is being shipped to me, or so they say. They have told me a few times that it would be 'a few more days' and then, well, nothing happens and I've had to chase them again so forgive me for being doubtful and a little untrusting. I'm convinced they're only sending me a new lens as I have been pestering them and they want me to go away. Or they forgot to repair it and are sending me a new one as its quicker. Either way, they need to send me a lens that works and pronto - I feel like I've lost a limb without my camera. It's their fault I am cranky and impatient to be honest, they told me 1-2 weeks and well its been 4 so I think I've been more than patient.

The sun is shining, the skies are clear and there is a hint of warmth in the air - my kids are in t-shirts and shorts and there is chubby toddler arms and legs everywhere I look. I need to be capturing those memories and the trusty point and shoot, while functional just doesn't give me the images I want. I'll get the lens back and it will turn to winter again won't it?

Tomorrow also marks my return to the SAHM gig. It's been a long 3 months away from my monkeys and while I'm excited to be home again with them, sadly I don't think the feeling is mutual. I've been trying to explain to Monkey Man and Missy Moo that I'll be home again and they don't have to go to school anymore, only on Fridays and well, neither are impressed or keen on the new status quo. Little Miss doesn't seem to mind either way and seems to be in a bit of clingy stage, wanting to be picked up alot so it shall be an interesting week. I've planned a busy week to try and distract them (and I!) - if you hear a story about a crazy lady with 3 kids and an incident at the local library, theres a high chance its about me and my tribe. I apologise in advance to anyone attending the library this week, what more can I say? Play dates are scheduled including one with some of the girls from my mothers group who I have missed. 3 kids tearing up my house isn't enough right, why not add in another 4 or 5??

I'm not a total lunatic though, I have a child free Friday to look forward to and have intentionally made no plans whatsoever. I intend to get a massage, my hair done and read a book with a wine in hand before the kidlets need picking up and the dinner, bath, bedtime routine commences. Isn't that what all stay at home mums do? I might even get a lunch with the girls in? Pfft! I wish!! Reality will be more like me blitzing my badly neglected housework duties and getting a major start on the spring cleaning. Blinds, window sills, curtains, floors, urgh the whole lot needs attention and alot of it. If anyone finds the cleaning fairy that was supposed to take care of my house while I worked, please tell that bi*ch she's now on my hit list! Ahhhh reality how I missed thee . . .






Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. I love the image of chubby little toddler arms and legs every where. Delightful. I hope you get your camera back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them