Monday 14 November 2011

3x sleeping children

My 3 children are all sleeping right now, in the middle of the day. They all went down at pretty much the same time so fingers crossed for a decent sleep out of all of them. I can't tell you the last time this happened. Don't get me wrong, I often have them sleeping at once during the day but they usually overlap or tag team their sleeps on me so most days I get about 10-15 mins to myself. Today, I have a break, and to be honest I don't know what to do with myself. I'll grab some lunch but then what? The washing is on the line, the house needs cleaning but its too hot and I refuse out of principle!!... I have some trash TV on IQ that I might watch - love me some trash TV and often end up deleting it as I don't get time to actually watch it. So yes, stuff the housework (am sure I will regret this later in the week), I'm off to have a sandwich and some TV time xo

I didn't publish this blog for some reason, possibly due to a screaming child demanding my attention but funnily enough, I jinxed myself by writing this blog. The next day I had tag teaming children who slept at different times or not at all. Missy Moo had an hour and a half but was up from 4.45am so by 3pm she hit the wall and was uber cranky. Little Miss decided it was cat nap day and slept no longer than 40 minutes at a time and was so overtired and hysterical she pretty much screamed through the kids dinner time, then bath and bed time. Getting her down for the night was hard work! Monkey Man, well he's pretty chilled these days and did sleep, however it was in between his sisters sleeps so at around 2pm I had him yelling at me that he was 'done' with sleeping and Little Miss screaming the place down. Needless to say when hubby walked in (early) at 6.40pm I handed the kids over and walked out. Came downstairs and checked my emails with the door to the study shut... I could still hear Missy Moo yelling mummy over and over but I had to ignore it as I too hit the wall. Everyone has their limits, and yesterday put mine to the test.

Oh hum, today is a new day! I will get two loads of washing folded and put away and I will cook dinner, maybe even dinner for tomorrow night as well and as a result, feel much better about my ability as a stay at home mum. Yes today I will achieve something, even if I have to do it with a toddler wrapped around a leg each and a baby in a sling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them