Wednesday, 9 November 2011

its getting hot in here

It's not even Summer yet and it's getting very hot here. Both my active toddlers are constantly clammy with sweat and their hair is often plastered to their heads as they run, run and run some more. Today is forecast to be particularily hot so I thought we'd kill two birds with one stone and go shopping. We have a birthday party on Saturday that I needed to get a gift for and I wanted to check out the xmas PJs and clothes in Big W. And I spose I should start some xmas shopping. So off we went. The kids were really well behaved, and sat quietly in the pram. For about ten mins. Then it was on. Both toddlers took turns yelling at me, shouting, kicking and bouncing the pram. Whilst ever the pram is moving they're ok, once we stop well the fun begins! Little Miss was strapped to me in the baby bjorn and rather than sleep she decided to look out at the world. We ran into a friend from school who's got two weeks to go until her second baby arrives and she looks amazing. Poster girl for pregnancy. I want to stab her in the eye! hahaha Got a few bits in Target and headed to the foodcourt to load the kids up on milkshake and donuts, all an attempt to buy me another half an hour of shopping time. All was going well until Little Miss wide awake decided it was food time. So I had to feed her in the food court while passing donuts to the kids. Monkey Man dropped his Percy and started screaming. I had no choice but to ask a passer buy for assistance to retrieve his train. Thankfully she obliged but then stayed for a ten min chat bout how I've got my hands full and her kids were this age and these genders and blah blah blah. I'm used to it now but it does make me laugh how suddenly people tell me their whole life story. I think I've got a face for it as its happened all my life. If there is a crazy person in close proximity to me, they always manage to hunt me down and chat away. Anyway, once everyone was fed we did a few more things and headed home. All 3 were asleep by the time we did the ten minute drive home and if I hadn't needed petrol I would have gone on a long drive so they could stay sleeping. Thankfully all 3 transfer from car to bed quite well so I now have some quiet time. It will be the only quiet time for the rest of the day so I'm enjoying it.

I didn't manage to get the birthday present, and I bought only one xmas present so overall it wasnt a big success but it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. And seeing Missy Moo with cinnamon donut all over her face was quite entertaining.

30 mins later and Monkey Man is yelling at me. Me thinks my quiet time is over for the day which means its gonna be a looooong afternoon!


Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them