Sunday 4 September 2011

Fathers Day 2011

its Fathers Day today and we're sharing it with my Mum who my children adore and who in most ways was both my Mum and Dad over the years so I guess its kinda apt...Fathers Day, like Mothers Day, Valentines Day etc is one of those commercial excuses to get you to spend more money - our local shops have been packed the last few days!! I do think its important to say thankyou occasionally, and I think it should be more than once a year. Single parents appear to get two days a year as they get mothers and fathers day!  I'm seeing tonnes of love messages on FB, to hubbys, dads, etc etc but I think its important to remember that Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.

My own father is a waste of space, the type that should never have children but lets not go there or we will be here all day! I'm lucky to have a husband who is also the best dad ever, in my humble opinion. Our children are young, and whilst they are hard work they are so rewarding, and oh boy do they love their daddy. Neil has done more than his share of night feeds, nappy changes and pacing the halls with a screaming baby or two. He never complains (ok, sometimes!) and after the worst day at work will still get stuck in to daddy hood and domestic duties. I really am lucky to have such a supportive partner, and I guess if he was any different, we wouldn't have 3 children so close to each other in age - and I wouldn't have married him either! LOL

I hope my children learn from him, I certainly learnt from my father, I tend to go out of my way to not be like him. So far, my husband is the type of role model you want and need as a child. My 3 monkeys are very lucky indeed. Happy Fathers Day Neil xo

1 comments:

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them