Tuesday 22 May 2012

let the negotiations begin

I went to a second interview today, the boss and I clicked and at the end of the day I was offered the job. A salary offer was made. Now begins the negotiations. For someone who is all about standing up for herself and her beliefs, I find it difficult to sell myself, and even more difficult to speak up and get what I'm worth. This should be fun . . .
Why do I find it so hard?? I could coach you for hours on self esteem, standing up for what you believe in, I could even coach you on how to conduct yourself in an interview, what to say and what not to say.... can I practice what I preach? no.

The job is perfect, the conditions on offer are pretty damn awesome and the location whilst not superb is not horrible. I'd be right near Ikea which will appeal to those of my friends who be loving the swedish. Me, I find that place completely overwhelming... and confusing, and I get lost in there and forget why I went in there.

In other job news I'm a part of the final two in contention for another role. Conversations continue on that one.

Oh and I still didn't hear back from that other job, the one I interviewed for a month ago, was told I was over qualified for and then it was readvertised last week. Thats the job I want. I really want to know what happened there and why its been readvertised. That there, thats the job for me. You watch, I will accept this one and the one I really really want (can you hear a spice girls song right now??) will come knocking a day later. Isn't that always the way?? Murphy's Law??
It's late, my head is swimming with numbers and daycare issues and worrying about sick days (kids not me). I'm already feeling the guilt of becoming a working Mum, totally overwhelmed at the thought of managing 3 under 3 AND a job but I'm prepared to give it a go. I'm aware there will be an adjustment period and that we will all have to find a way to get on with the new norm... and I'm excited for the challenge. Whichever job I end up accepting or being offered, that is.

Anyway! So yay to a job offer and now it all comes down to:



Any tips gratefully received??



Photobucketxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them